Classic Camera Collectors Club
Informatif website of Frank Lakiere
Websites of some contemporary Belgian photographers
(in alfabetische volgorde)
(in alfabetische volgorde)
Do have a look at the website of this young female photographer from Antwerp.
Evelien is still working with analogue cameras and techniques, and mostly in black and white.
She studied photography (SISA - Antwerpen) where she was especially interested in fashion, portrait, advertising and industrial photography. After graduation Evelien moved to London and at the London School of Photography she specialised further in analogous techniques.
She has a very distinctive style and her photography is strong with a feminine touch. For now she lives and works in London, but she comes back regurlarly to Belgium. So you don't have to go to London to have a photosession with Evelien...
Confronting and direct, the stunning black and white imagery of Danny Veys always shows his dedication and intense immersion to the subject. He prefers working on long-term reportage projects, which allow him to explore several nuances of the reality he is focussing on.
Besides Danny Veys also realised reportage series in collaboration with non-profit organisations like Balkan actie and Vredeseilanden.
He is a teacher of documentary photography at the Institute for Higher Education of the Visual Arts Saint Lucas Brussels.
His work has been published in Private Photoreview, Obscuur, Focus, and other specialised photography magazines.
GUIDO CEUPPENS is a specialist in old techniques like cyanotypy en color photography using gumprint.
On his website you can see some of his art photos and you can also buy them.
DIRK FERDINAND is fascinated by the people around him. He tries to photograph them in their daily non-professional life. He composes series of arranged photographs from these shots. For him, photography is more than mere observation, he also wants to collect and classify. He takes pictures of people within their social framework, looking for the things they have in common and tries to capture those similarities in series of photographs.
He registers connections, stereotypical behaviour, trends, symbols, icons and not infrequently subconscious patterns of collective behaviour. He zooms in on daily life and questions habits, traditions, rituals. Repetitions in human behaviour are reflected in his surprising thematic montages.
RYAN ROMBAUT a very special person and magnificent photographer.
Ryan is technically very good and he is photographing mode, music groups on stage, mariages,...
BRUNO VERHASSELT shows artistic photography. He is obsessed with quality and so he still photographs with the legendary analog mid-format cameras and works exclusively in black and white. Of course he prints his photos himself on baryt-paper.
Bruno admires the "American School" and his favourite examples are : Edward Weston, Jock Sturges, Sally Mann, Richard Adams, Ansel Adams, but also: Minkinen, Jean-Loup Sieff and a lot of others.
For camera collectors
These links are checked regularly and non-working links are removed.
The IDCC members list (IDCC = International Directory of Camera Collectors)
Walker Mangum's webpage : a 'must' for KODAK collectors.
Probably the most informative site on Kodak cameras.
- Chuck Baker's
Brownie Camera Page
Coloured Kodak cameras: a colourful site
Cameras of Eastern Europe: FED, ZORKI, CONTAX, ...
Instamatic Central: David Francis collects all kinds of instamatic cameras
- The collection of
Chris Sherlock: Retina and Retinette, maar ook Agfa, Voigtlander, Zeiss-Ikon, ...
The Classic Camera: photos + info on some 120 cameras
- Rob Niederman's site : antique and 19th century cameras and intersting ald advertisements
- Doug Wilcox's Classic Camera Page with his own photographs, , cameras, links,...
- Kodak's own website : History of Kodak Cameras
- List of photographers : Photolinks Photography directory
The history of photography and techniques
Dutch sites :
- Robert Leggat's : A History of Photography
since 1995 one of the most extensive sites on the history of photography
- Analog Photography Users Group : APUG.ORG is an international community of like minded individuals devoted to traditional (non-digital) photographic processes. We are an active photographic community; our forums contain a highly detailed archive of traditional and historic photographic processes.
- PHOTOMUSE is a coöperative site between the ICP and the Eastman house
- This is the biggest collection of cartes de visite in Great Britain and Ireland
- Alternative photography : historical processes that are still used like cyanotype, daguerreotype, bromoil,...
- In Belgium you can visit the emuseum of
en the museum of Charleroi.
- In France: le Musée Nicéphore
Niépce at Chalon-sur-Saone
- In Great Britain : the National Museum of Photographie,
Film and Television in Bradford
- and of course the Fox Talbot Museum in Lacock Abbey (Chippenham, Wiltshire)
- In Switserland: Fotomuseum at Winterthur
Musea outside Europe:
- Eastman House te Rochester (USA)
- The American Museum of Photography
and the International Center of Photography in New York.
- In Californie you have Califormia Museum of Photography in Riverside,Ca and also the
J.P. GETTY museum in Los Angeles.
- In Japan you have the
Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography
Other interesting links
- Site with lots and lots of data on photography in Belgium and Holland : 2link.be
- Site of Machiel Karels with lots of tips on photography
- The Royal Photographic Society
- Het American Museum of Photography,
a museum without walls
- The home page of Doug Bardell
Doug makes all kinds of cameras : pinhole , big-format and panoramic cameras, ...
en here you can find information to make these yourself
- Stephen Gandi's Cameraquest: een dealer/collector : especially Leica and Nikon
Sites with photographs
- Photographs of well-known photographers :
Stieglitz, Paul Strand,Andre Kertesz, Ansel Adams, Diane Arbus, Eugene Smith, Cindy Sherman,...
- Time Life Photo Sight